Announced at Apple's September 2015 special event, the Fourth Generation of the Apple TV is a considerable upgrade from the previous versions of the device, which were smaller and solely focused on playing and streaming media files using Apple-authored apps.
The new version of the system uses a subset of Apple's iOS mobile operating system known as tvOS, along with the A8 system-on-a-chip utilized in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and a new "Siri Remote" that includes a motion sensor, microphone and touch pad. As a result, Apple has released SDKs that allow for development of apps and games for the platform.
- Storage: Available in 32GB and 64GB models
- RAM: 2GB
- System-On-A-Chip (SoC) Platform: Apple A8
- Networking: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0
- Software: Apple tvOS (Based on iOS9)
- Controller: Includes "Siri Remote" with motion controls, microphone and touchpad. Also supports MFi controllers.